The State Department’s investigation into the Benghazi terror attack – put forth by the White House as the final word on the incident – is deeply flawed, according to the chairman of the House Government Oversight Committee.
Darrell Issa of California told Fox News in an exclusive interview his panel will not hesitate to recall the most senior witnesses who have testified about the Sep.11, 2012 attack.
“We can certainly have Mrs. Clinton back,” Issa said of the former Secretary of State. “We want to be respectful of her time, so getting to the facts, including people below her, first is critical.”
The Republican staff report presented to Issa, first reported Sunday by Fox News, alleges that the State Department’s investigation, known as the Accountability Review Board or ARB, let senior state department officials off the hook. They included Undersecretary for Management Patrick Kennedy, who signed a December 2011 “action memo” green lighting the Benghazi post with substandard security.
According to witness testimony before Issa’s committee, Clinton, who has so far escaped blame for the attack, wanted Benghazi to be a permanent operation.
The policy, according to Issa, failed to protect Ambassador Chris Stevens, Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith, and the two former Navy Seals, Ty Woods and Glen Doherty, who died defending the CIA Annex.